photo aboutus_zps791dfb36.png photo hometour_zps4bba61f0.jpg photo thefarm_zps9dca16e6.jpg photo recipes1_zps84353c4a.jpg photo contact_zps3d3d55fe.png

Saturday, July 11, 2015

in the garden, july 2015




I'm sort of amazed that anything is growing here, considering I was, like, giant and pregnant all spring. And now I have a newborn who loves to be held---and would rather me hold him than pull weeds. Doesn't he know how much I love to pull weeds?! No, really, I do. There is no better stress reliever, I've found. Anyway.

There are things I wish were further along, and there are things I wish I had planted but didn't. But whatever the case, the garden(s) are looking good.

A few more photos after the jump.




If you look close enough, you can see a little bee on one of the flowers. Did you know bee balm flowers are edible?


More bee balm. 


Dora is guarding the new rudbeckia... I noticed something tried to dig it up so I had to enlist her for help. 


Of course, these two are the best helpers of all.


In the veggie garden we have: tomato, lettuce, swiss chard, kale. arugula, cucumber, summer squash, zucchini, corn, watermelon, pumpkin, carrots, various herbs, and our beloved berries. We added two new fall bearing raspberry bushes that we are SO hoping produce fruit this year. We have gotten about 1/2 pint of raspberries off of our existing bush- just enough to snack on while playing in the yard. The birds have eaten another 1/2 pint. I have got to do something about those birds...

In the perennial garden we have: bee balm, catmint, peony, shasta daisy, bleeding hearts, tall phlox, coneflowers, yarrow (TONS OF YARROW. This stuff grows like crazy.), iris, balloon flower, and probably some other stuff that I am forgetting...

Next year, I hope to add hydrangea alongside the house. And I hope to get some better photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment