photo aboutus_zps791dfb36.png photo hometour_zps4bba61f0.jpg photo thefarm_zps9dca16e6.jpg photo recipes1_zps84353c4a.jpg photo contact_zps3d3d55fe.png

Thursday, June 19, 2014

taking stock

This play on currently-type blog posts has been circulating around the internet---however, it was Dani Hampton's blog that inspired me to take the plunge. I like the idea of filling one of these out every month or so, to look back on how everything was going/what I was feeling at the time!



Making:
 Lots of gluten free recipes. Eve has told me a couple of times lately that her tummy hurts. You never know with toddlers, but I thought we would give gluten free a shot, or at the very least, less gluten. There are several gluten allergies in my family, so it wouldn't be a surprise if she has one. We have been kickin' it with quinoa!
Cooking:
 Quinoa. Roasted vegetables. Veggie omelets for Andrew every Friday morning. 
Drinking:
 Water. However, as of this week I have officially weaned Elliot so BRING ON THE WHITE WINE!
Reading:
 I am reading The Fault in Our Stars because my kid sister told me to. It's been good so far, but only making me want to read more books. I need summer book recommendations! 
Wanting:
 it to be next weekend already because I booked us a little family camping trip!
Looking:
 at Elliot, chomping away on some green puffs. 
Playing:
 peekaboo with him. He is in my closet. 
Wasting:
 nothing, really! We have been getting rid of things, as always, trying to simplify, but we have either given things to friends or to Goodwill. 
Sewing:
 nothing right now... nothing for, like, a year. Ha!
Wishing: for the right person or family to buy our house. 
Enjoying:
 Summer weather!
Waiting:
 for the girls to wake up from their naps so I can keep packing up the storage room upstairs. 
Liking:
 my long hair, but I feel like I should cut it? It has been growing ridiculously fast. 
Wondering:
 if we can really pull this move off. 
Loving: 
fresh herbs from the garden. I absolutely love going out back and snipping a bunch of whatever I need. It's the best. 
Hoping:
 that Andrew has a successful week at work. 
Marveling:
 at my beautiful kids, and how fast they are growing up. My hormones have been a little crazy with weaning, but I am such a sap. I could just stare at my babies and cry all day. 
Needing:
 more than 5 hours of sleep... 
Smelling:
 lemon essential oil. mmm.
Wearing:
 plain t shirts and colorful shorts. Every day. 
Following:
 along with the world cup!
Noticing:
 the sunsets every night. God is such an amazing artist. 
Feeling:
 so emotional. It happens when your hormones are shifting, I guess. I'm looking forward to feeling like my old self again. 
Opening:
 the mail... everyone gets pretty excited about the mail around here. 

Feeling: excited for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment